This is the busy season. From band concerts to show choir costume fittings to preparing for semester testing and altered schedules, this is the time of the year when it can be difficult to keep track of it all. In fact, you find yourself looking at the school marquee sign whenever you drive by it. The digital reminder of what it happening today, tomorrow, and this weekend is sometimes the reassurance you need to make sure that you know what is coming up next.
Finding a way to promote events, products, and services can be a challenge today. And while most people think of the internet and search engine optimization when it comes to marketing in the year 2017, the fact of the matter is outdoor LED displays provide a great way for all kinds of groups to promote their message.
From church and school marquees to scrolling marquee signs for businesses of all sizes, it is difficult to ignore the power of an outdoor sign. Consider these facts and figures about the outdoor sign industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 68% of poll respondents frequently or sometimes make their shopping decisions while in the car, so an outdoor sign is a great investment.
- 35% of people indicate that they would not have discovered a business had it not been for an outdoor sign.
- 32% of poll respondents visited the retailer they saw on a billboard later the same week that they saw the sign.
- 58% of poll respondents indicated that they learned about a restaurant they later visited from a billboard they saw while they were in their car.
- 17% of Best Buy’s walk-in customers indicated that they did so because of the company’s sign.
- 71% of people indicate that they often look at the messages on both roadside traditional and digital billboards.
Signage for businesses and non profits can make sure that drive by traffic takes notice. Although many companies invest money in digital marketing and online promotions, it is important to also make sure that your current and future customers and clients notice your brick and mortar location as well.