As the nation prepares for the winter holidays, it might seem like a strange time to be thinking about outdoor swimming pool services, maintenance, and repairs. But if you live in a part of the country where you are able to make use of an outdoor swimming pool year round, you may be getting ready to make sure that your pool is in its best shape possible for family and friends who might come visit for the holidays. Even if you live in a part of the country where you experience really cold weather, you may know the secret to getting a pool ready by next summer includes careful planning and early scheduling.
Pool contractors across America are looking for ways to service the pools of their current clients, as well as looking for potential new customers who they can help. From a simple lap pool to the most elaborate swimming pool settings with dive tanks and rock walls that serve as diving areas, finding the right pool contractor can help you create the outdoor gathering space that will encourage your friends and family to plan their next gathering at your place.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the services that swimming pool contractors offer and the impact that this industry has on the nation’s economy:
- 162,000 above ground pools were installed in the year 2014. This is a number that represented a decrease of , 6.4% from the year 2013.
- 530 pounds of salt are required for the opening of the average 20,000 gallon saltwater pool.
- Blood flow to the heart is increased by nearly 33% when people immerse themselves in water, creating a great way to improve circulation and the benefits of exercise.
- There were 1.4 million saltwater pools in operation around the world by the start of the year 2016. As an indicator that this is an increasingly popular option, research indicates that currently as many as 75% of new inground pools being installed are now saltwater.
- Pool resurfacing companies can help their clients completely transform their older swimming pools.
- Most manufacturers recommend that home owners have their pools cleaned once a week during the swimming season. Additional service is also needed at the beginning and the ending of the swimming season.
From swimming pool maintenance to new construction, pool contractors can help home owners achieve their goals and make sure that they are ready for the next time the weather is good enough to spend the day in the water.