Staffing your team can be a difficult and arduous process. It can also be exciting, depending on the position that needs to be filled and the candidates that are being interviewed. It can be challenging to find the right candidate and then getting him or her or they to stick with the position past the initial on-boarding process.
For a manager, coming up with the right team is essential to success, depending on the industry. The right team, whether that’s a sales team, a retail team, a graphic design team, or a videography team, can make a break a department’s success, as they control the output or the revenue coming in.
There are many statistics out there about the importance of teams and the difficulty in getting the right team members to be on the team. There are also statistics out there about the ability to get the new team members to stick with the team, as many new hires quit within 45 days on their new job.
These statistics are in the following section.
- 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- McKinsey?s research shows that gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers and ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same.
- $11 billion is lost annually due to employee turnover.
- 57% of organizations view employee retention as a problem.
- 46% of human resources professionals say retention is their greatest concern, followed by employee engagement at 36%.
- 22% of new hires leave their jobs within 45 days of being hired.
- 93% of recruiters look at a candidate?s social media profile.
- The costs of employee turnover range from 30% to 150% of the employee?s salary.
- New hires that undergo a structured on-boarding program are 58% more likely to be with the company after three years.
- More than 3 million temporary and contract employees work for America?s staffing companies during an average week.
Turnover is a consistent problem within businesses, as it costs a great deal of money to place someone who has been on the job and is experienced at the job. While there may be a great deal of excitement for a new person who has been hired, it still takes time to that person adjusted to the environment and for them to learn all the new tasks.
Turnover costs companies in the United States billions of dollars each year, and many people who are hired fail to go through a standard on-boarding process, which according to statistics increase the likelihood that a person will stay with the company. This on-boarding process is critical.
The on boarding process helps employees to get used to the company, the expectations placed on them, the responsibilities associated with the role, and the tasks themselves, which may be unfamiliar to the new hire. This on-boarding process often takes months, in which a person is reevaluated at the end to see if they would be a great fit.
This is called a “trial” period for new employees and happens when an employer makes a person an offer but it is contingent on them to pass the on-boarding process and be a good fit for the organization. This is part of staffing your team as staffing your team takes into account employees that would be the perfect fit for the position.
Staffing your team has many responsibilities associated with it, including the ability to find new talent and to recruit new talent to the team. Staffing your team requires an ability to search for candidates, whether through recruiters, in house, or on your own to find the right people to fit the job responsibilities.
Staffing your team might look like going through a staffing agency or a temp agency. These two locations can enable someone to find the right teammate for the other members of the team. Looking into those who have temp jobs or a temp job may help. Working on a temp-to-permanent situation may also help.
Finding the right teammate may mean more than just strictly looking at job qualifications. Finding someone with the right personality, the right communication abilities, and more can help out a great deal. There are temp services or a temp service that can also help. These are often through temporary employment agencies.
They can sometimes be in locations like Temp Services Fort Worth.