Building a new home is full of a number of exciting tasks, as well as attention to very specific details about how about plumbing, electrical work, and HVAC systems. And while it may seem much more fun to pick out wall colors, flooring, and other visual decisions about the home, it is important to realize that the plumbing and electrical decisions that you make for your home are going to play a far more important role in the value of a home. From residential attic insulation installation and decisions about residential plumbing, it is important to make sure that you are working with quality contractors who are in the habit of standing behind their work.
Commercial electricians and plumbers, for instance, are important selection if you want to make sure that your house will work efficiently when it comes to electrical and plumbing concerns. Residential electrical contractors, for instance, make sure that installations are up to code and that the highest of quality materials are used.
Consider these facts and figures about the many decisions that go into the building of a new home:
- Proper attic insulation can save a home owner as much as 10% to 50% on heating and cooling bills.
- 66% of all U.S. homes have air conditioners.
- Twice a year inspections will aid in the maintenance and efficiency of a home’s HVAC system.
- HVAC systems account for 40 to 60% of total energy consumption in most commercial buildings.
- 85% of American homes have hard water, which is water that contains high levels of magnesium and calcium.
- Most electricians recommend an inspection every three to five years, but this can vary depending on the age of a home.
There are many exciting and challenging parts about building a new home, but it is important to make sure that you pay as much attention to the selection of high quality plumbing and electrical materials as it is to make wall color and floor covering decisions. In many ways, in fact, these decisions about building materials will have greater implications about the value of a home and the the function of both the plumbing and the electrical work. Commercial electricians and plumbers play an essential role in the building of a home of any size.