As the end of the year nears, it should come as no surprise that companies of all sizes are working to make sure that they have all of their documents and digital data in place. Mainly as a way to prepare reporting taxes, but also as a way to understand whether this year ended as a loss or a profit, it it necessary to make sure that every necessary document in accounted for.
Digital document management, which includes scanning and various kinds of other record keeping tasks, finding the right company to help you make sure that are prepared for year end reports can help you make sure that your reports are accurate and ready to go.
In today’s digital world, it is important to make sure that you are able to make sure that you can quickly and easily access any paper or record any time of the day for any of a variety of reasons. Finding a company to help you make sure that you have a thorough record of all of your papers and forms is an important part of today’s bookkeeping world.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the world of digital documents and the impact that this industry has on the nation’s economy:
- 95% of corporate information exists on paper, so it important to find someone to help make the process of transforming theses papers into a digital format that is easier to manage and maintain.
- 50% of knowledge workers’ time is spent on preparing and creating documents.
- Companies spend $20 in labor to file a document; $120 in labor to find a misfiled document, and $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document, according to the most recent data. Finding a company that can help you limit these costs can help your bottom line.
- Americans throw away enough office paper every year to build a 12 foot high wall from New York to Seattle.
- 70% of today?s businesses would fail within three weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records, according to data from Gartner Group.
- The average worker shares as many as six documents as email attachments at work every single day.
Are you ready for the end of the year bookkeeping that will need to take place before you can file your 2017 taxes. With the right digital documentation, your end of the year forms and reports will be easier to generate.