Certified purchasing agents in USA offices across the country deal in the transportation and temporary storage of goods of all kinds. International purchasing agents have the same kinds of job descriptions, but operate on a much larger scale. Although the job description for purchasing agent may be difficult to outline on paper, but the reality is that the job itself can often be more complicated than even the job outline.
From using a combination of dry ice and insulated packaging to preserve food for 24 to 48 hours, purchasing agents in USA locations deal with one set of shipping and delivery challenges, while Latin American cargo shipping agents specialize in a different kind of situations and difficulties.
Consider some of these statistics about the complicated and important shipping and delivery services that are monitored and organized by shipping agents around the world:
- One growing market is the eco-friendly transportation industry, known for using recycled boxes and bags to ship your goods.
- Necessary for the managing and controlling the flow of goods, information, goods and other resources, air cargo services are necessary for the successful distribution of the world’s products, services, and people to make sure that they successfully make it from the source of production to the final sales destination.
- The short transportation time air cargo provides decreases the risk of damage to products, as well as ensures a higher quality product delivery.
- In some cases, overnight or two day delivery costs can be 50% or more than the usual delivery fees. For the customers and clients who need these immediately deliveries, however, cost is rarely a factor.
- Market research by IBIS World indicates that the air cargo industry was expected to generate an estimated $75.4 billion in revenue by the end of 2013.
- Estimates from the year 2012 show that the global aviation industry transported an estimated $6.4 trillion worth of cargo.
Many people play a role in the delivery in the goods and services that make our lives possible. And while the purchasing agent job description may be a mystery to some, most people know the impact of a package the arrives on time, and the disappointment, and sometimes failure, of late deliveries.