Pharmacy point of sale software and pharmacy training and licensing can mean the difference between life and death — and for one little girl, it did. Emily Jerry, age 2, died from an overdose of sodium chloride in a chemotherapy bag. “My beautiful Emily’s death was senseless and preventable,” her father, Chris Jerry, writes on the foundation website he created in her honor. What’s Emily’s story, and what can pharmacies do to avoid future tragedies?
The Story of Emily Jerry’s Tragic Death
Doctors diagnosed Emily with cancer when she was just one and half years old. “The tumor was the size of a grapefruit inside her tiny little abdomen,” Jerry writes. Even so, jus