Storage tang construction can be a tricky business. There are a lot of regulations that need to be followed.
Above Ground Storage Tank Regulations
- Above ground storage tanks (ASTs) are required to have secondary containers that wrap around the tank and can hold everything that is inside of it.
- ASTs that can hold 1,000 gallons of oil or 10,000 gallons of virgin oil need to go to the Oil Control Program to get operations permits.
- If an AST is made of steel and can hold more than 1,1000 gallons, it needs some sort of corrosion protection on the bottom.
- For the secondary compartment, if impermeable materials are used in its construction, inspectors need to look at it once a week. All others must be inspected ever 72 hours.
- Any tank that is used for